I want to test my Custom component UI rendering performance. I used the following test case to check the rendering performance.
private long getLayoutTime(int layoutRes) {
final Context targetContext = getInstrumentation().getTargetContext();
final LayoutInflater layoutInflater = LayoutInflater.from(targetContext);
final long startTime = System.currentTimeMillis();
for (int i = 0; i < 1000; i++) {
final View view = layoutInflater.inflate(layoutRes, null);
view.setLayoutParams(new ViewGroup.LayoutParams(0, 0));
view.measure(View.MeasureSpec.makeMeasureSpec(1000, View.MeasureSpec.EXACTLY), View.MeasureSpec.makeMeasureSpec(0, View.MeasureSpec.UNSPECIFIED));
final int measuredHeight = view.getMeasuredHeight();
final int measuredWidth = view.getMeasuredWidth();
view.layout(0, 0, measuredWidth, measuredHeight);
}
return System.currentTimeMillis() - startTime;
}
Using of this code I can test the layout render timing. So that I changed the layout design for better performance. Now I am creating a Custom view class with multiple layouts and components like images, textviews and etc. I will attach the class at run time and components will create on the run time based on the server response. I will not attach this custom component in XML. Now I want to test the rendering performance of this custom view. Please suggest me any tools or any way to calculate the UI rendering time for the custom view.

