Cancel signal (close connection) what could be the cause?

Viewed 1712

In Kibana of our application, I keep seeing this line of log from org.springframework.web.reactive.function.client.ExchangeFunctions:

[2f5e234b] Cancel signal (to close connection)

The thread is reactor-http-epoll-1 or so.

It could happen in two situations:

  • when the connection is successful and returns a response, then it does not matter
  • when for some unknown cause, after 10 seconds, the connection does not return anything, and this line also happens, and period, nothing more. It seems to be a timeout but I am not sure(because the default timeout in my WebClient config is 10s)

What could be the cause of this? Client active drop or server active refusal?

Is the 2nd case a timeout? But not TimeoutException() is thrown afterwards.

I now do a doOnCancel() logging in WebClient to deal with the 2nd case, but then I notice there is case 1, and this doOnCancel() handling does not make sense anymore, because it seems to happen in all cases.

1 Answers

I have the same log. But in my WebClient i returned Mono.empty() and the method signature was Mono< Void>. After changing to Mono< String> the problem was gone.

Related