Include APK in AOSP build by symlink

Viewed 433

I'm currently trying to include an APK into my AOSP 10 build. For this I created a new module folder under packages/apps and put my APK as well as an Android.mk file into it. Then I added the module to the PRODUCT_PACKAGES variable. This works great when the module under packages/apps is a real folder. However, when I replace is through a symlink the app does not appear in the new build. My Android.mk file looks like this:

LOCAL_PATH := $(call my-dir)

include $(CLEAR_VARS)
LOCAL_MODULE_TAGS := optional
LOCAL_MODULE := App1
LOCAL_CERTIFICATE := PRESIGNED
LOCAL_SRC_FILES := App1.apk
LOCAL_MODULE_SUFFIX := $(COMMON_ANDROID_PACKAGE_SUFFIX)
LOCAL_MODULE_CLASS := APPS
include $(BUILD_PREBUILT)

Do you have any ideas why my app does not show up when the module is a symlink? The my-dir macro dissolves to the real path (not the symlink path) if that is any help in any way.

1 Answers
Related