Synology FileStation API Can't Authorize

Viewed 898

I’m trying to test the Synology API using Postman. So far however I can’t get the ‘sid’ to work. I can authenticate and receive a ‘sid’, but any requests using it return a 403.

DSM Version - DSM 6.2.3-25426 Update 2

Authenticate /webapi/auth.cgi?api=SYNO.API.Auth&version=3&method=login&account={account}&passwd={password}&session=FileStation&format=sid

I copy the ‘sid’ in the response.

Info /webapi/FileStation/entry.cgi?api=SYNO.FileStation.Info&version=1&_sid={sid}

This returns a 403. Any request I make with the ‘sid’ fails. I have also tried using the format=cookie option, but it is the same result.

Would love to know if you know something that would point me in the right direction?

1 Answers

I've figured out why this was not working (was having the same issue), in your request for FileStation Info, you are making a request to /webapi/FileStation/entry.cgi, but it should actually be /webapi/entry.cgi, so the full request would be /webapi/entry.cgi?api=SYNO.FileStation.Info&version=1&_sid={sid}

You can see this is the correct path when making a request to: /webapi/query.cgi?api=SYNO.API.Info&version=1&method=query&query=SYNO.FileStation.Info as the path says it is entry.cgi. The API documentation is definitely a little misleading and would be good if it were updated.

Related