In recent versions of Chrome-based browsers, for some reason (probably, not a bug, it's a feature), after debug mode is detached, Chrome leaves this notification:
"Programm started debugging this browser"
Basically, I run this code
let debugee = {tabId: sender.tab.id};
chrome.debugger.attach(debugee, '1.2', ()=>{});
chrome.debugger.detach(debugee);
And see the picture above. Chrome removed this notification on detach until version 80 (or so).
I've found the description of the issue: https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/src/+/HEAD/chrome/app/generated_resources.grd
<!-- DevTools attached infobar -->
<message name="IDS_DEV_TOOLS_INFOBAR_LABEL" desc="Label displayed in an infobar when external debugger is attached to the browser. The label does not disappear until the user dismisses it, even if the debugger is detached, and so should not imply that the debugger must still be debugging the browser, only that it was, and could still be.">
"<ph name="CLIENT_NAME">$1<ex>Extension Foo</ex></ph>" started debugging this browser
</message>
I'm looking for a suggestion on how to clear or disable this message automatically, from the chrome extension.