My table looks like this:
id | name | type_id | desc | parent_id
1 | Foo | 1 | Foo | NULL
2 | Bar | 2 | Bar | 1
3 | FB | 2 | FB | 1
4 | Foo1 | 1 | Foo1 | NULL
5 | Bar1 | 2 | Bar1 | 4
6 | FB1 | 2 | FB1 | 4
And I want to provide an ID of the lowest node, returning everything up to the highest node in a single row (There is other data that I'm returning along with this). For example, I want to provide ID 3, and the results to look like so:
xxxxx (other data) | id | name | type_id | desc | parent_id | id | name | type_id | desc | parent_id
xxxxxxx | 3 | FB | 2 | FB | 1 | 1 | Foo | 1 | Foo | NULL
Unfortunately, I haven't found anything that can work for me. I have a CTE but it goes top down and each node is its own row:
WITH RECURSIVE cte AS (
select T.*
from table as T
where T.id = 3
union all
select T.*
from table as T
inner join cte as C
on T.parent_id = C.id
)
SELECT * FROM cte
When I do this, I only get one result:
id | name | type_id | desc | parent_id
3 | FB | 2 | FB | 1
Any help would be appreciated, thanks!