I'm building a REST API with Spring Boot to retrieve boat information. I'm using Spring Data Rest and Spring Data JPA. When I get the data from the API, I don't know why the relationship data are not with the others informations.
Do I have to configure something in Spring to get the relationship with my data ?
Here is my file.
Boat entity:
@Entity
@Table(name="boat")
@Data
public class Boat {
@Id
@GeneratedValue(strategy = GenerationType.IDENTITY)
@Column(name = "id")
private Long id;
@Column(name = "name")
private String name;
@Column(name = "description")
private String description;
@ManyToOne(cascade = CascadeType.PERSIST)
@JoinColumn(name = "type_id", nullable = false)
@JsonBackReference
private BoatType type;
}
Boat type entity :
@Entity
@Table(name = "boat_type")
@Data
public class BoatType {
@Id
@GeneratedValue(strategy = GenerationType.IDENTITY)
@Column(name = "id")
private Long id;
@Column(name = "name")
private String name;
@OneToMany(cascade = CascadeType.ALL, mappedBy = "type")
@JsonManagedReference
private Set<Boat> boats;
}
Boat repository :
@CrossOrigin("http://localhost:4200")
public interface BoatRepository extends JpaRepository<Boat, Long> {
}
JSON response :
{
"_embedded": {
"boats": [
{
"id": 1,
"name": "Boat 1",
"description": "A brief description of the boat 1",
"_links": {
"self": {
"href": "http://localhost:8080/api/boats/1"
},
"boat": {
"href": "http://localhost:8080/api/boats/1"
},
"type": {
"href": "http://localhost:8080/api/boats/1/type"
}
}
},
...
]
}
Result expected (with the type object too) :
{
"_embedded": {
"boats": [
{
"id": 1,
"name": "Boat 1",
"description": "A brief description of the boat 1",
"type": {
"id": 1,
"name": "Motorboats"
},
"_links": {
"self": {
"href": "http://localhost:8080/api/boats/1"
},
"boat": {
"href": "http://localhost:8080/api/boats/1"
},
"type": {
"href": "http://localhost:8080/api/boats/1/type"
}
}
},
...
]
}
I think that the problem is related with Spring Data Rest because when i do the same app with my own controller and repository, i get the data I need.
Is there a way to "configure" spring data rest?