Cannot access mysql server with phpMyAdmin

Viewed 118

I have recently installed the last version of WAMP, but I have a problem accessing the MySQL (MariaDB) Server. I can access the server with MariaDB Console. Therefore, I am sure password and username are correct, and the server is running.

WAMP: 3.2.2
Apache: 2.4.41
PHP: 7.4.0
MariaDB: 10.4.10
phpMyAdmin: 5.0.2

When I access with phpMyAdmin webpage:

enter image description here

I also tried to access with a simple test script:

<?php
$servername = "localhost";
$username = "root";
$password = "";

try {
  $conn = new PDO("mysql:host=$servername;dbname=myDB", $username, $password);
  // set the PDO error mode to exception
  $conn->setAttribute(PDO::ATTR_ERRMODE, PDO::ERRMODE_EXCEPTION);
  echo "Connected successfully";
} catch(PDOException $e) {
  echo "Connection failed: " . $e->getMessage();
}
?>

When running in browser I got similar error:

enter image description here

Running the same script from the command line, works:

enter image description here

I tried to change $servername = "127.0.0.1"; and got the same result.

I also tried to change the password of the root user from MariaDB console, with the command:

  FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
  ALTER USER 'root'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'MyNewPass';

The password changed, I've updated the test script $password = "MyNewPass";, and still the same result.

WAMP, right click, Tools-> Test port 3306. Also gives the expected result:

***** Test which uses port 3306 *****

===== Tested by command netstat filtered on port 3306 =====


Test for TCP
Your port 3306 is used by a processus with PID = 8660
The processus of PID 8660 is 'mysqld.exe' Session: Services
The service of PID 8660 for 'mysqld.exe' is 'wampmariadb64'
This service is from Wampserver - It is correct

Test for TCPv6
Your port 3306 is used by a processus with PID = 8660
The processus of PID 8660 is 'mysqld.exe' Session: Services
The service of PID 8660 for 'mysqld.exe' is 'wampmariadb64'
This service is from Wampserver - It is correct

Any help will be appreciated.

1 Answers

Seems like you should configure phpMyAdmin from wamp tools and you should enter from your local ip address use ipconfig console than php script should work.

Related