I've recently had an interesting experience but didn't find a satisfying answer so far: I'm a big fan of DDD and try to define rich domain objects with behavior and good information hiding, even if the team officially doesn't practice DDD. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter, as you have a well-defined object, which represents something in the problem domain.
That said, I would also like to practice TDD more. Unfortunately, if I test a service, which uses such rich domain models, the models are usually not abstracted. Therefore, to test the behavior of the service, I need to set up the model as well. This model comes with its own invariants etc., therefore with every service test, I also test the model the service is using.
This seems like a big no-go, as I'm not only "not really unit-testing", but it's also troublesome to set up the tests, as the arrange-code gets large. In my opinion, there seems to be no way around this but to start creating interfaces for models. But it seems like I am the only person thinking so. For example, here is a big article, why this is an anti-pattern: https://lostechies.com/jamesgregory/2009/05/09/entity-interface-anti-pattern/
I’m also not that too delighted to create interfaces for all models, as they should really represent something and adding another layer of abstraction just for testing seems like overkill. That said, what would be the best solution hereby? How are people on the field, which do combine DDD and TDD, handling this?