'pylint' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file

Viewed 6436

I am on Windows 10.

I installed the "pylint" package with the command pip install pylint --user and it successfully got installed.

But when I try to run the command in command prompt,I am getting the 'pylint' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. I checked the path and it is installed with all the other python packages.How do I solve this?

2 Answers

The following command worked for me:

py -m pylint file.py

Found a way to make it work

  1. search for "edit the system environment variables" in search.
  2. click environment variables.
  3. under "system variables" click "path" and click edit.
  4. click "new".
  5. go back and copy the path where python package(pylint) is installed and paste it there.
  6. click ok everything.
  7. check now it works...
Related