Add an AWS VPC managed prefix list

Viewed 1575

I see in my VPC that I have several AWS Managed prefix lists. For example, this one from dynamoDB and all the CIDR block from AWS, east-1 are managed by them

c

The CIDR are all managed by AWS. And I don't want to do it manually. I know that whenever they update https://ip-ranges.amazonaws.com/ip-ranges.json, these CIDR are also updated.

enter image description here

I would like to add a new one, but this time for ec2, east-1

com.amazonaws.us-east-1.ec2

But I cant find any documentation tell how to add it from the UI.

1 Answers

You can create a custom prefix list from the prefix list dashboard using the Create prefix list button. Alternatively, here is a deeplink (replace region=us-east-1 with the region of your choice):

https://console.aws.amazon.com/vpc/home?region=us-east-1#CreatePrefixList:

However, according to the documentation, you cannot create, modify, share, or delete an AWS-managed prefix list, and because Amazon S3 and DynamoDB are the only services accessible through a VPC Gateway Endpoint, there are no managed prefix lists for other services.

Related