Dev-C++: Hello World Fails to Compile - Error on Make

Viewed 1095

I am having lots of trouble getting a hello world program to compile in Dev-C++. I am very familiar with coding, I have been using python, C#, and Java for a few years now.

Syntax, and headers all seem to be fine. I have reinstalled Dev-C++ multiple times and have even tried installing the compiler manually to no avail. I have searched stack overflow and forums but still can't resolve my issue. I'm on windows 10.

Here is my code + compile error. It seems to fail on make.

#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main()
{
    cout << "Hello World!";
    return 0;
}

#Compile Log:

Compiler: Default compiler
Building Makefile: "C:\Dev-Cpp\Projects\Makefile.win"
Executing  make...
make.exe -f "C:\Dev-Cpp\Projects\Makefile.win" all
g++.exe -c project2.cpp -o project2.o -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/include"  -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2/backward"  -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2/mingw32"  -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2"  -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include"   

make.exe: *** [project2.o] Error -1073741674

Execution terminated

Thanks for the help, this is starting to get stressful.

0 Answers
Related