Basically, I want to handle a case where any device got SyncError with type ClientResetError then, want my device to re-login to realm again. but as per documentation, we have to closeRealmSafely before I login to realm again, but I am not sure how to close realm safely.
I am going through the doc (https://docs.realm.io/sync/using-synced-realms/errors#client-reset) to handle client reset error and found it's very confusing . I want help to understand about the following code.
- First there is no method available to closeRealmsafely. Please help me understand how can I close the realm safely?
- How can I backup and when I will use it? Should I skip the reset error because in documentation it's mentions if the client reset process is not manually initiated, it will instead automatically take place after the next time the app is launched, upon first accessing the SyncManager singleton. It is the app’s responsibility to persist the location of the backup copy if needed, so that the backup copy can be found later."
Below is the error handler sample code from the doc.
let syncError = error as! SyncError
switch syncError.code {
case .clientResetError:
if let (path, clientResetToken) = syncError.clientResetInfo() {
closeRealmSafely()
saveBackupRealmPath(path)
SyncSession.immediatelyHandleError(clientResetToken)
}
default:
// Handle other errors...
()
}
}```