I can't remove git folder with rm -rf .git on Windows

Viewed 654

I want to init git on the main folder mern but not on the frontend folder, but if I try to remove git folder from frontend I still see the (master) text, here's what I'm trying:

Jim@DESKTOP-NC66H5I MILGW64 ~/Desktop/pro/mern/frontend (master)
$ rm -rf .git

Jim@DESKTOP-NC66H5I MILGW64 ~/Desktop/pro/mern/frontend (master)
$ git status
On branch master

No commits yet

Changes to be committed:
  (use "git rm --cached <file>..." to unstage)
        new file:   ../.gitignore
        new file:   ../app.js
        new file:   ../inc/auth.js

Changes not staged for commit:
  (use "git add/rm <file>..." to update what will be committed)
  (use "git restore <file>..." to discard changes in working directory)
        deleted:    ../Procfile
        modified:   ../app.js
        modified:   ../package.json

Untracked files:
  (use "git add <file>..." to include in what will be committed)
        ./


Jim@DESKTOP-NC66H5I MILGW64 ~/Desktop/pro/mern/frontend (master)

You see, when using rm -rf .git I can still see (master) which means git folder is not deleted? what is this mean?

Newbie here, please help

0 Answers
Related