I am trying to implement a broadcast upload extension and I want the user to be able to click a button in my app to stop the broadcast.
As far as I can tell from the docs, the only ways to stop a system broadcast are:
- Show
RPSystemBroadcastPickerViewin the app, when the user clicks it, they are taken to the system UI and stop the broadcast there. - Signal the broadcast extension to stop via other means and call
finishBroadcastWithErrorinRPBroadcastSampleHandlerwhich will show the user an error popup. It's a trick that Zoom seems to use.
However, I was trying the screen sharing feature on Facebook Messenger today and they are somehow bypassing the system UI (to stop the stream only). When I click the stop button, the screen sharing stops immediately and doesn't show either the system UI or the error popup
How are they doing this?
My best guess is that they somehow get a valid RPBroadcastController object but I can't figure out how.