I am trying to update the content of a <Callout> tag on a google maps view using the react-native-maps npm package. I would like to dynamically load extra content after a map marker is pressed. I have simplified my code to the example below:-
I have already tried using the tracksInfoWindowChanges attribute on the marker, and the showCallout() method to attempt to manually trigger a re-render. I am using android so the iOS only options such as redrawCallout() method are not available.
const MyMap = (props) => {
const [marker, setMarker] = useState({});
return (
<MapView
showsUserLocation
zoomControlEnabled={true}
zoomEnabled={true}
region={{
latitude: 0,
longitude: 0,
latitudeDelta: 0.03,
longitudeDelta: 0.03,
}}>
<Marker
coordinate={{latitude: 0, longitude: 0}}
onPress={(e) => {
setMarker({ title: 'Test'});
}}>
<View>
<Icon name='key' size={40} color='#384963'</Icon>
</View>
<Callout>
<Text>{marker.title}</Text>
</Callout>
</Marker>
</MapView>
);
}
Is it possible to trigger a re-render of the content after the Callout has been rendered once? From debugging I can see that the component renders after I update my marker state, however the content is not visible until I manually close the Callout and re-opened it.