I want to make a simple physical game with balls on Python using pygame and Box2D, but when I try to get the speed of the ball using a well-known method, I get this error. What might be the problem?
class Ball:
def __init__(self, x, y, radius, world, color, fric=0.3, maxspeed=20, density=0.01, restitution=0.5):
self.x = x
self.y = y
self.radius = radius
self.fric = fric
self.maxspeed = maxspeed
self.density = density
self.restitution = restitution
self.color = color
#body
self.bodyDef = box2d.b2BodyDef()
self.bodyDef.type = box2d.b2_dynamicBody
self.bodyDef.position = (x, y)
self.body = world.CreateBody(self.bodyDef)
#shape
self.sd = box2d.b2CircleShape()
self.sd.radius = radius
#fixture
self.fd = box2d.b2FixtureDef()
self.fd.shape = self.sd
#phys params
self.fd.density = density
self.fd.friction = fric
self.fd.restitution = restitution
self.body.CreateFixture(self.fd)
player = Ball(width / 3, height / 2, 30, world, (150, 150, 150))
v = player.body.GetLinearVelocity()
The Error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "D:\projs\box2d\bonk\main.py", line 60, in <module>
keyIsDown(pygame.key.get_pressed())
File "D:\projs\box2d\bonk\main.py", line 35, in keyIsDomn
v = player.body.GetLinearVelocity()
AttributeError: 'b2Body' Object has no attribute 'GetLinearVelocity'