At my company we are using twisted and flask to run a rest api service on an industrial computer. This API is used partially for IPC and for limited communication from external sources. We've recently found a problem where twisted hangs when sending files via multipart post. Files around 600MB will hang twisted for about 40-50 seconds, no requests are processed during this time.
I should say I am not a web developer, I'm learning as I go. I've analyzed the issue and isolated it to the assembly of the multipart message, flask hangs on this as well but doesn't block messages. There have been a couple of bug reports for the same/similar issue: https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/5511. Problem is these are from 8 years ago, and I'm not concerned with streaming, or at least I don't think I am.
Are just out of luck? Is there anything we can do to twisted for this work, I thought perhaps a configuration issue. Or perhaps an alternative to twisted, oddly enough the WSGI that comes with flask doesn't have this problem, but it is not for production use so it's not an option.