How to get UIPath to type into a specific point in a window?

Viewed 593

I'm trying to use UIPath to automate some gruntwork in Adobe Premiere, which includes typing in a specific text field. The problem is, UIPath doesn't recognize that text field as its own element. It recognizes the window the text field is in as an element, which led me to try using an anchor, which didn't work. Then I saw the image recording option, and tried that, and I was able to click the text field but not type into it. Am I doing something wrong? (I'm sure I am, since usually when I have this kind of programming problem it's because I'm doing something wrong.) And what can I do to fix it? Thanks!

1 Answers

You might find that Computer Vision does the trick for recognizing the Element.

Or check your properties to ensure that "Click Before Typing" to Enabled on your Type Into Activity. You could also play about with the "Input Mode" as it could be related.

If it's a variable you are passing in to be typed, then add a quick log message before just to ensure that the variable is definitely being set.

Related