I find Lambda in Kotlin to be very confusing and on the top of it is "it". There are two things I know about "it" and i.e.
- If your Lambda has their own argument, you can replace its name with "it".
- "It" is an automatically generated name for your Lambda, if it has only one argument, and you don't specify a different argument name.
Still I don't understand what actually passes as "it".
For E.g. I wanted to apply modulo function on each element of a 3x3 matrix.
fun main(){
var result = Array(3) {
IntArray(3) { 3;2;4;6;7;9;12;11;23 }
}
result = Array(3){ IntArray(3) {it%2} }
println(result.joinToString("\n") { it.joinToString(" ") })
}
Here I assumed that "it" takes each element of the matrix which is clearly not the case as my output was:
0 1 0
0 1 0
0 1 0
So can you please explain me how "it" works, what is happening here? and what would be the correct way to implement this program?