I am encountering a very basic error:
- I have docker-desktop and minikube setup on my windows 10 machine.
- Further I setup a local docker registry using the steps here.
Here is what I have when I run
docker-ps:
c:\>docker ps
CONTAINER ID IMAGE COMMAND CREATED STATUS PORTS NAMES
6675d2c57a74 registry:2 "/entrypoint.sh /etc…" 7 hours ago Up 2 hours 0.0.0.0:5000->5000/tcp registry
d05edc8f05b0 gcr.io/k8s-minikube/kicbase:v0.0.10 "/usr/local/bin/entr…" 8 hours ago Up 8 hours 127.0.0.1:32771->22/tcp, 127.0.0.1:32770->2376/tcp, 127.0.0.1:32769->5000/tcp, 127.0.0.1:32768->8443/tcp minikube
- I pushed my local image to my local registry using
docker push, and I deleted the local image usingdocker image removecommand to avoid any confusion. - I now tried pulling the local registry image to see if it works, and it does
docker pull localhost:5000/dev/my-web:v1
v1: Pulling from dev/my-web
Digest: sha256:b3a0cf5c66ade8d39709c0cbbd0e08c9cc5f5e1c97f039a2bd1afed657dc8b74
Status: Downloaded newer image for localhost:5000/dev/my-web:v1
localhost:5000/dev/my-web:v1
Now I run my kubectl create commands and they fail with the error connection refused.
C:\>kubectl create deployment myweb --image=localhost:5000/dev/my-web:v1
deployment.apps/myweb created
C:\>kubectl get pods
NAME READY STATUS RESTARTS AGE
myweb-7d467f4bc4-r9xhc 0/1 ErrImagePull 0 12s
C:\>kubectl describe pod/myweb-7d467f4bc4-r9xhc
Name: myweb-7d467f4bc4-r9xhc
Namespace: default
Priority: 0
Node: minikube/172.17.0.3
Start Time: Sun, 09 Aug 2020 23:30:07 -0400
Labels: app=myweb
pod-template-hash=7d467f4bc4
Annotations: <none>
Status: Pending
IP: 172.18.0.3
IPs:
IP: 172.18.0.3
Controlled By: ReplicaSet/myweb-7d467f4bc4
Containers:
my-web:
Container ID:
Image: localhost:5000/dev/my-web:v1
Image ID:
Port: <none>
Host Port: <none>
State: Waiting
Reason: ImagePullBackOff
Ready: False
Restart Count: 0
Environment: <none>
Mounts:
/var/run/secrets/kubernetes.io/serviceaccount from default-token-nr7vj (ro)
Conditions:
Type Status
Initialized True
Ready False
ContainersReady False
PodScheduled True
Volumes:
default-token-nr7vj:
Type: Secret (a volume populated by a Secret)
SecretName: default-token-nr7vj
Optional: false
QoS Class: BestEffort
Node-Selectors: <none>
Tolerations: node.kubernetes.io/not-ready:NoExecute for 300s
node.kubernetes.io/unreachable:NoExecute for 300s
Events:
Type Reason Age From Message
---- ------ ---- ---- -------
Normal Scheduled 93s default-scheduler Successfully assigned default/myweb-7d467f4bc4-r9xhc to minikube
Normal Pulling 53s (x3 over 92s) kubelet, minikube Pulling image "localhost:5000/dev/my-web:v1"
Warning Failed 53s (x3 over 92s) kubelet, minikube Failed to pull image "localhost:5000/dev/my-web:v1": rpc error: code = Unknown desc = Error response from daemon: Get http://localhost:5000/v2/: dial tcp 127.0.0.1:5000: connect: connection refused
Warning Failed 53s (x3 over 92s) kubelet, minikube Error: ErrImagePull
Normal BackOff 13s (x5 over 91s) kubelet, minikube Back-off pulling image "localhost:5000/dev/my-web:v1"
Warning Failed 13s (x5 over 91s) kubelet, minikube Error: ImagePullBackOff
I am not able to figure out why am I getting connection refused error when I am trying through kubectl command as against docker pull command.
Please help.
Additional notes: (1) I am using in-built windows hypervisor (2) Using default networking