I need to detect and list string characters of slice that repeat themselves in order more or equal than N times. I managed to write non-higher-order-function solution in Rust already (below), but I wonder if this can be simplified to chaining iter methods.
The idea:
let v = "1122253225";
let n = 2;
Output:
There are 2 repetition of '1'
There are 3 repetition of '2'
There are 2 repetition of '2'
Indexes where repetition happens are not important. Repetition must happen in order (ie. 3 repetition of '2' separated by other values from the other 2 repetition of '2' counts as separate output lines).
My non-iterator solution:
let mut cur_ch = '\0';
let mut repeat = 0;
for ch in v.chars() {
if ch == cur_ch {
repeat = repeat + 1;
}
else {
if repeat >= n {
printf!("There are {} repetition of '{}'", repeat, cur_ch);
}
cur_ch = ch;
repeat = 1;
}
}
if repeat >= n {
printf!("There are {} repetition of '{}'", repeat, cur_ch);
}
It works, but is there a better way to do so with chaining iter methods?