AWS + Cloudflare | https getting redirected to http

Viewed 468

I have just moved a MERN Stack app to AWS and I'm currently facing some problems with the certificates.

Current Scenario:

  1. My website (example.com) has Cloudflare as the DNS Management.
  2. I have added Cloudflare's Full SSL (end-to-end) encryption and a page rule for always redirect to https.
  3. On the AWS Side, I have an Application Load Balancer (ALB) which is having a listener for HTTPS:443 using the certificate provided by AWS CA for example.com.

Problem:

  1. When making a call to example.com, it redirects me to https://example.com and renders the static page which is fine.
  2. When I change the page to https://example.com/articles the website goes berserk and changes it to http://example.com/articles and the certificate sign shows insecure now! Although, I do get my articles response from the server. Moreover, this is only happening in chrome and not firefox!

I would be more than happy to share any details/images required to support my query.

Thanks in advance!

1 Answers

Please share your page rules here. Your page rules are getting problem for you.
You can use the Always Use HTTPS function provided without wasting your page rules.
enter image description here

Related