I have the following SwiftUI view which contains a subview that fades away after five seconds. The fade is triggered by receiving the result of a Combine TimePublisher, but changing the value of showRedView in the sink publisher's sink block is causing a memory leak.
import Combine
import SwiftUI
struct ContentView: View {
@State var showRedView = true
@State var subscriptions: Set<AnyCancellable> = []
var body: some View {
ZStack {
if showRedView {
Color.red
.transition(.opacity)
}
Text("Hello, world!")
.padding()
}
.onAppear {
fadeRedView()
}
}
func fadeRedView() {
Timer.publish(every: 5.0, on: .main, in: .default)
.autoconnect()
.prefix(1)
.sink { _ in
withAnimation {
showRedView = false
}
}
.store(in: &subscriptions)
}
}
I thought this was somehow managed behind the scenes with the AnyCancellable collection. I'm relatively new to SwiftUI and Combine, so sure I'm either messing something up here or not thinking about it correctly. What's the best way to avoid this leak?
Edit: Adding some pictures showing the leak.

