Pycharm - Glove-Python Install Failing with Exit Status 2

Viewed 578

I am trying to install glove-python ( https://github.com/maciejkula/glove-python ) using PyCharm to install it on my VENV using pip.

I get the error using pip

    error: command 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio 
14.0\\VC\\BIN\\x86_amd64\\cl.exe' failed with exit status 2
----------------------------------------
ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1: 
'c:\users\f00ly\pycharmprojects\untitled\venv\scripts\python.exe' -u -c 'import sys, setuptools, 
tokenize; sys.argv[0] = '"'"'C:\\Users\\F00LY\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\pip-install-p0hrtvft\\glove- 
python\\setup.py'"'"'; __file__='"'"'C:\\Users\\F00LY\\AppData\\Local\\
Temp\\pip-install-p0hrtvft\\glove-python\\setup.py'"'"';f=getattr(tokenize, '"'"'open'"'"', open) 
(__file__);code=f.read().replace('"'"'\r\n'"'"', '"'"'\n'"'"');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, 
'"'"'exec'"'"'))' install --record 'C:\Users\F00LY\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-record-_9u3p7yz\install- 
record.txt' --s
ingle-version-externally-managed --compile --install-headers 
'c:\users\f00ly\pycharmprojects\untitled\venv\include\site\python3.7\glove-python' Check the logs for 
full command output.

I get the error using python setup.py install

error: command 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\\VC\\BIN\\x86_amd64\\cl.exe' failed with exit status 2

No idea how to resolve this. I've confirmed the cl.exe file is in that folder that it lists.

1 Answers

There is an open issue for glove-python: Unable to install glove_python in virtual environment

In short, the steps to install on windows, python<=3.6 are:

  1. Download and unzip mingw-w64
  2. Add the bin\ directory to your PATH
  3. Install an up-to-date version of libpython
  4. Clone this repository and move into its root directory (glove-python)
  5. Run pip install .
Related