how to setup odoo in visual studio 2019?

Viewed 355

I am currently a trainee as an odoo developer. There are multiple IDEs where we can use debug odoo like my team mates are doing. some on pycharm, some on eclipse and so on. I used to do development on Visual Studio code and run through Python interpreter. But now, I want to switch to proper IDE. I have downloaded visual studio 2019 for this purpose.

My question is, how to create and edit debug configuration for odoo like we do in pycharm. what I did is

  1. created a new project of python application
  2. right click on solution > add > existing folder and then selected whole odoo folder that I have downloaded from github
  3. right click on solution > properties and in general tab, I gave path of 'odoo-bin' against 'startup file' and in debug tab, gave configuration of odoo i.e.
    (-r db_user -w db_password --addons-path=addons).

I saved this thing, but when I click on start button F5 it starts debugging but breaks on function in 'api.py' file.

The function I used is:

def __getitem__(self, model_name):
        """ Return an empty recordset from the given model. """
        return self.registry[model_name]._browse((), self)

and the error shown is

exception thrown (None,)

0 Answers
Related