On android, I can see a service running with service list:
Let's say:
# service list | grep dropbox
87 dropbox: [com.android.internal.os.IDropBoxManagerService]
How do I map this to the APK that is serving it?
On android, I can see a service running with service list:
Let's say:
# service list | grep dropbox
87 dropbox: [com.android.internal.os.IDropBoxManagerService]
How do I map this to the APK that is serving it?
These are system services, and are part of the system server.
App services don't show here.
Note that dropbox service is not related to the Dropbox commercial service.
The way to go to the code would be to simply search for that name on the codebase. If you don't have AOSP checkout, you can use https://cs.android.com
For your example, this is the code:
https://cs.android.com/android/platform/superproject/+/master:frameworks/base/services/core/java/com/android/server/DropBoxManagerService.java;l=52?q=IDropBoxManagerService&sq=
If you want to check "Services component" in apks.
adb shell dumpsys activity services
P.S. dropbox is a system service, and system services are totally different things with service components in apk.