I'm not able to connect to temporary tables created on an SQL server using SQLAlchemy.
I connect to the server:
engine = create_engine(URL, poolclass=StaticPool)
I fill a temporary table with data from a pandas dataframe:
df_tmp.to_sql('#table_test', con=engine)
The table exists on the server:
res = engine.execute('SELECT * FROM tempdb..#table_test')
print(res)
which returns a list of tuples of my data. But then when I try to make an SQLAlchemy table it fails with a NoSuchTableError:
from sqlalchemy import create_engine, MetaData, Table
metadata = MetaData(engine)
metadata.create_all()
table = Table('#table_test', metadata, autoload=True, autoload_with=engine)
I also tried this, which gives the same error:
table = Table('tempdb..#table_test', metadata, autoload=True, autoload_with=engine)
And I also tried creating a blank table with an SQL command, which gives the same error when I try to read it with SQLAlchemy:
engine.execute('CREATE TABLE #table_test (id_number INT, name TEXT)')
Does SQLAlchemy support temporary tables? If so what is going wrong here? I'd like to have the temporary table as an sqlalchemy.schema.Table object if possible, as then it fits with all my other code.