Android Studio API 29 and above emulators crash immediately

Viewed 2343

I'm using the latest version of Android Studio as of this writing, which is 4.0.1. I'm running on Windows 10 pro, Intel Core i7-6600U with 16 GB of RAM.

When I try to run an emulator using either API 29 or API 30, it crashes immediately. This is the only relevant message I get: 2:26 PM Emulator: C:\Users\usrname\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\emulator\qemu\windows-x86_64\qemu-system-x86_64.exe: error while loading state for instance 0x0 of device 'goldfish_pipe'

2:26 PM Emulator: deleteSnapshot: for default_boot

Nothing at all in the logcat.

If I run an emulator using API 28 or older, it works fine.

Update: with the help of others I tried running it from the command line. Here's what it said:

Failed to open /qemu.conf, err: 2 HAX is working and emulator runs in fast virt mode. C:\Users\mkolta\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\emulator\qemu\windows-x86_64\qemu-system-x86_64.exe: error while loading state for instance 0x0 of device 'goldfish_pipe' deleteSnapshot: for default_boot VCPU shutdown request VCPU shutdown request emulator: Saving state on exit with session uptime 97 ms VCPU shutdown request

Thank you in advance for your help.

3 Answers

You need to update key-tool and install all SDK requirements

just do this two steps:

  1. upgrade Haxm to last version (current is: 7.5.6)
  2. enable Hyper-v
Related