Trigger an update in a Feed after posting a reaction

Viewed 86

I'm working with the reactions of activities using getstream.io and Reactjs without using javascript for my custom components instead of the components they provide.

I want to refresh the activity from the feed so I can get updated reactions such as comments in real time for every client watching the activity.

I have a structure like:

Feed having N activities.

Checking activity type to display a component <SharedStuff><ActivityTypeDisplay /></SharedStuff>

Where <SharedStuff> contains the comment handling. I'm able to add a comment and display it instantly where I want using setState(newComment) but it's not the desired behaviour.

Is there a way to trigger an update for the activity in the feed ? because I'm passing the activity info as props to not call the api multiple times in a feed.

Desired behaviour:

1.- Someone scrolling the feed.

2.- Someone comments an activity.

3.- The Feed updates the activity.

4.- Every Feed that has that activity now has the updated comments in realtime.
0 Answers
Related