I tried to follow the instructions here, but I'm getting the unable to resolve breakpoint to any actual location warning. Here is what I do exactly. I first compile the code with the -g flag:
c++ -g -Wall -shared -std=c++11 -undefined dynamic_lookup `python3 -m pybind11 --includes` fractal.cpp -o fractal`python3-config --extension-suffix`
Then, I launch python from the command line, which is set to run the system python 3.8.5. I check the pid with
ps aux | grep -i python
In another terminal window, I launch lldb and type
attach --pid 77352
The rest of it goes this way:
(lldb) continue
Process 77352 resuming
(lldb) breakpoint set -f fractal.cpp -l 66
Breakpoint 1: no locations (pending).
WARNING: Unable to resolve breakpoint to any actual locations.
What am I missing? Since pybind11 doesn't print errors in the C++ code until the end of the calling python script, I can't just print stuff out to the screen to see where the code breaks down. I would like to be able to go through the code line by line.
I'm on macOS 10.15.5, if it makes any difference. I also double checked that I'm selecting a valid line in fractal.cpp.