I want to know if it's possible to change the Spyder DataFrame float format in the variable explorer to include the thousands separator? I am not talking about when you use print().format , that is for when you output your results, I am talking about the Format option when you click on a DataFrame in the variable exporer as shown here: DataFrame Spyder
The format is using the % convention and not the {}, so to have 2 decimals I need to write %.2f instead of {:.2f} . I am currently able to change it to either full integer with %i or a 2-decimal float with %.2f, but I want to know if it's possible to include the thousands separator. Essientially being able to reproduce something like {:,.2f} but with %.. I tried %:,.2f, %0:,.2f , and many other combinations with a comma but to no success. I've been looking but can't find anything addressing this, other solutions are using the pd.set_options method but this only works when you actually print out the dataframe.
Thank you!