I have a monorepo which exposes a TypeScript module, which is consumed & used by a React TypeScript project.
When the module inserts arbitrary React elements to the virtual DOM - everything works as expected, including when I try to use React Router (which was initially problematic but I was able to fix that).
However, when I try to use react-intl, via FormattedMessage, I get the error:
Error: [React Intl] Could not find required `intl` object. <IntlProvider> needs to exist in the component ancestry.
Which is especially annoying as I see this printed in the console logs:
The above error occurred in the <Context.Consumer> component:
in FormattedMessage
in h2
in div
in Loading (at App.tsx:11)
in IntlProvider (at App.tsx:8)
in App (at src/index.tsx:9)
in StrictMode (at src/index.tsx:8)
(note the IntlProvider wrapping Loading - which is the element that uses FormattedMessage which can't find IntlProvider).
I imagine this is somehow related to versioning, or having 2 instances of React / React DOM / IntlProvider, but I have no idea to how solve this, and I have spent quite a lot of time trying everything I could think of.
For what it's worth, here's what I use:
- TypeScript - for both module and project
- Webpack to pack the module, where I declared React, ReactDOM and react-intl as
externalsand added them aspeerDependenciesrather than direct dependencies create-react-appfor the project
I was able to create a minimal repro repository, here's how to repro my issue:
<cd somewhere>
git clone https://github.com/chakaz/repro-repo .
cd repro-lib
npm install
npm run build:dev
cd ../project
npm install
npm run start
Anyone has any idea? Tons of thanks in advance!