Firebase Analytics preventing proper use of dynamic link

Viewed 642

I'm running in trouble here with Firebase. The code is in flutter, I am testing in iOS It's all going well, but when I try to get the dynamic link sent from:

auth.sendSignInWithEmailLink(parameters);

I get a debug message:

[Firebase/Analytics][I-ACS023001] Deep Link does not contain valid required params. URL params: {
    amv = 16;
    apn = "com.myproject.app";
    ibi = "com.myproject.app";
    ifl = "https://myproject-com.firebaseapp.com/__/auth/action?apiKey=XXXXXXXXXXX&mode=signIn&oobCode=XXXXXX&continueUrl=https://myproject-com.firebaseapp.com/email123&lang=en";
    link = "https://myproject-com.firebaseapp.com/__/auth/action?apiKey=XXXXXXX&mode=signIn&oobCode=XXXXXX&continueUrl=https://myproject-com.firebaseapp.com/email123&lang=en";
}

where I changed my project name to "myproject" and put XXX inplace of apiKey/oobcode

and then, when I try to get the dynamic link with my app

final PendingDynamicLinkData data = await FirebaseDynamicLinks.instance.getInitialLink();

data is null. So I am guessing Firebase Analytics is processing it and "killing" the dynamic link before my app can parse it.

Anyone managed to go through this?

1 Answers

I found the problem. It is not that Firebase Analytics was "consuming" and killing the deep link. The thing is that in iOS still today there is a delay the link and the state cycle... https://medium.com/@diegoveloper/flutter-firebase-dynamic-link-6f1b79278ce0

This link explains it, problem 2 in the blog post. Solved. I can still use analytics in Firebase. It is impossible to remove analytics btw, you can only disable it.

Related