Matlab function precedence and subfolders

Viewed 98

In the Matlab function precedence page, it states that function precedence goes:

  1. Functions in the current folder.

  2. Functions elsewhere on the path, in order of appearance.

My question is, when they say "Functions in the current folder" does this exclude functions in subfolders of the current folder? If so, is there a way for me to have subfolders be called preferentially without changing the order of my folders in the path?

I need to do this because I have 2 folders (each with subfolders) of code that run functions with the same name. It seems the subfolders aren't given automatic precedence. I really don't want to have to change my path order every time I run one folder, and I really don't want to have to rename 100s of functions and function calls that my team has written.

The only solution I can think of would be to remove the whole subfolder system and just have a jumbled mess of files in one folder. Are there any other things I can do?

Thanks in advance for the help!

0 Answers
Related