I am currently using an Elementor WordPress form plugin (MetForm) that is using oninput events to handle data submitted by users in their forms.
The issue is that I am passing data as parameters between pages in the URL but these can't be saved because they are not manually entered by the user when they land on the new page.
Their plugin as it is now requires users to interact with form elements to register the values.
jQuery('#iD').val();
doesn't set a new value unless it is actually typed by the user.
jQuery('#iD').trigger("oninput"); or jQuery('#iD').trigger("input");
don't seem to work.
It'd be very complicated for me to try to change their plugin and their support hasn't been responsive to my requests just yet.
Is there a way I could manually trigger oninput event on a particular form element with a given ID to trick user input? (you can assume each form element has a separate ID as follows: #my-input1, #my-input2 etc.)
Please note I am not trying to handle the input. The user won't interact with an input I pre-fill for them. I am trying to trigger the oninput event to trick the form plugin to believe that's what happened so that the form values register when the form is submitted.