GCP Cloud functions health check failing

Viewed 1626

I am trying to deploy a function in GCP for 2 days and receive the following error each time.

OperationError: code=13, message=Function deployment failed due to a health check failure. This usually indicates that your code was built successfully but failed during test execution. Examine the logs to determine the cause. Try deploying again in a few minutes if it appears to be transient.

The Log viewer doesn't give a proper explanation of the problem. Giving the following logs continuously until the deployment fails.

"Error: function terminated. Recommended action: inspect logs for termination reason. The function cannot be initialized."

Now, the interesting fact is that the same code was working couple of weeks ago.

This issue really makes me wonder that it is a bug from GCP after the recent cloud function upgrade.

1 Answers

I've been having the same issue. I found out part of the issue might be related to a dependency issue. In my specific case, related to the slackclient library, but it seems to come from the yarl library and the recommended fix is to define it as yarl==1.4.2

Reference: https://github.com/slackapi/python-slackclient/issues/764

Related