I'm trying to implement an "onBeginReached" like props in flatlist. I would like to append some data at the begining of my data array in a transparent way to user.
So using this flatList :
const App = () => {
const flatListRef = useRef(null);
const [data, setData] = useState(generateData(20));
const renderItem = ({ item }) => {
console.log(item);
return (
<View style={styles.itemContainer}>
<Text style={styles.itemText}>{item}</Text>
</View>
);
};
const handleMomentumScroll = (event) => {
console.log("Momentum end")
const xOffset = event.nativeEvent.contentOffset.x;
const index = Math.round(xOffset / 30);
if (index < 1) {
setData([-10 ,-9, -8, -7, -6,-5, -3, -2, -1, ...data]);
}
};
return (
<FlatList
style={{ width: 200, alignSelf: 'center', marginTop: 150 }}
initialScrollIndex={10}
horizontal
data={data}
snapToAlignment={'start'}
decelerationRate={'fast'}
snapToInterval={30}
getItemLayout={(data, index) => ({
length: 30,
offset: 30 * index,
index,
})}
keyExtractor={(item, index) => index.toString()}
renderItem={renderItem}
onMomentumScrollEnd={handleMomentumScroll}
/>
);
};
const styles = StyleSheet.create({
itemContainer: {
alignItems: 'center',
justifyContent: 'center',
width: 30,
height: 30,
borderRadius: 15,
backgroundColor: 'blue',
},
itemText: {
color: 'white',
},
});
(https://snack.expo.io/GUblotbZc)
If I scroll to the index 0, it'll unshift my new data to my data array. But, it'll scroll automatically to the first index of the new data array. I would like to keep the current position when unshifting new data to the array.
There is a way to impletement that behaviour ?