I have a recyclerView inside a fragment, this fragment is located in a viewpager2.
I read data from server and convert them to my ModelClass, them create an ArrayList and pas this array list to recyclerView. here is my recyclerView item layout:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<LinearLayout xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
android:id="@+id/root"
android:layout_width="match_parent"
android:layout_height="wrap_content"
android:layout_margin="10dp"
android:background="@drawable/main_icon_background"
android:elevation="5dp"
android:layoutDirection="rtl"
android:orientation="horizontal"
android:padding="10dp">
<ImageView
android:id="@+id/image"
android:layout_width="120dp"
android:layout_height="match_parent"
android:scaleType="centerCrop"
android:src="@color/black" />
<LinearLayout
android:layout_width="0dp"
android:layout_height="wrap_content"
android:layout_weight="0.6"
android:orientation="vertical">
<TextView
android:id="@+id/title"
android:layout_width="wrap_content"
android:layout_height="wrap_content"
android:layout_marginStart="10dp"
android:layout_marginEnd="10dp"
android:ellipsize="end"
android:maxLines="1"
android:textAppearance="@style/vazir_font"
android:textColor="@color/black" />
<TextView
android:id="@+id/description"
android:layout_width="wrap_content"
android:layout_height="wrap_content"
android:layout_marginStart="10dp"
android:ellipsize="end"
android:maxLines="3"
android:textAppearance="@style/vazir_font"
android:textColor="@color/gray"
android:textSize="13sp" />
<LinearLayout
android:layout_width="match_parent"
android:layout_height="1.5dp"
android:layout_marginStart="20dp"
android:layout_marginTop="5dp"
android:layout_marginEnd="20dp"
android:layout_marginBottom="8dp"
android:alpha="0.5"
android:background="@color/gray" />
<LinearLayout
android:layout_width="match_parent"
android:layout_height="wrap_content"
android:orientation="horizontal">
<TextView
android:id="@+id/source"
android:layout_width="0dp"
android:layout_height="wrap_content"
android:layout_marginStart="10dp"
android:layout_marginEnd="10dp"
android:layout_weight="0.8"
android:ellipsize="end"
android:maxLines="1"
android:textAppearance="@style/vazir_font"
android:textColor="@color/colorPrimaryDark"
android:textSize="13sp" />
<TextView
android:id="@+id/date"
android:layout_width="wrap_content"
android:layout_height="wrap_content"
android:ellipsize="end"
android:gravity="end"
android:textAppearance="@style/vazir_font"
android:textColor="@color/colorAccent"
android:textSize="13sp" />
</LinearLayout>
</LinearLayout>
</LinearLayout>
and here is my recyclerView adapter:
class NewsRecyclerViewAdapter : RecyclerView.Adapter<NewsRecyclerViewAdapter.ViewHolder>() {
private val items = ArrayList<NewsAdapterModel>()
lateinit var onClick: NewsTutorialClickListener
fun add(list: ArrayList<NewsAdapterModel>) {
items.clear()
items.addAll(list)
notifyDataSetChanged()
}
override fun onCreateViewHolder(parent: ViewGroup, viewType: Int): ViewHolder {
val view =
LayoutInflater.from(parent.context).inflate(R.layout.news_recycler_model, parent, false)
return ViewHolder(view)
}
override fun getItemCount(): Int = items.size
override fun onBindViewHolder(holder: ViewHolder, position: Int) {
holder.binding(items[position])
}
override fun getItemId(position: Int): Long {
return items[position].id.hashCode().toLong()
}
inner class ViewHolder(itemView: View) : RecyclerView.ViewHolder(itemView) {
fun binding(model: NewsAdapterModel) {
itemView.setOnClickListener {
onClick.onClick(model.id)
}
itemView.title.text = model.title
itemView.description.text = model.description
itemView.date.text = Arrange().persianConverter(model.date)
itemView.source.text = model.source
Glide.with(itemView.context)
.load(model.image)
.placeholder(R.mipmap.logo)
.into(itemView.image)
}
}
}
I used this recycler view in my fragment just like this:
override fun onActivityCreated(savedInstanceState: Bundle?) {
super.onActivityCreated(savedInstanceState)
adapter.onClick = this
binding.recyclerView.layoutManager = LinearLayoutManager(context)
binding.recyclerView.adapter = adapter
binding.recyclerView.setHasFixedSize(true)
binding.recyclerView.setItemViewCacheSize(20)
scope.launch {
withContext(Dispatchers.Default) {
fetchNews()
}
}
}
my problem is : when I scroll recycler view for first time it is not smooth and it seems some frames are jumped, but when I reach end of recyclerView and scroll to up then scroll down it is very smooth and find. how can I solve this issue? I also should mention that Items of recyclerView are not much, it's around 10 items.