Firebase hosting deploy is not deployed to one of the free domains : my-project-id.web.app, not on my-project-id.firebsaseapp.com

Viewed 344

As I know firebase allows our website to be deployed to free hosting services on two free domains. Which are:

  1. my-project-id.firebaseapp.com,
  2. my-project-id.web.app

I am trying to upload my static website to firebase hosting using cmd firebase deploy. But it is only uploaded to web.app, while not uploaded to firebaseapp.com. Earlier some days it was working well.

Please help how to resolve this problem.

3 Answers

I had faced something similar to this:

After a deploy, my site was not getting updated on web.app and when I used Chrome Dev tools, it turned out to be the old code. However, the code was updated on firebaseapp.com.

The actual reason is still unknown to me, but there are a high chance that this is some sort of cache issue. I was testing my site on 'web.app' like a lot of time, many refreshes and deploys..

I just Disabled Cache during testing thereafter.

enter image description here

I faced no such issue after that...

Try hard refresh or whatever it is called using Ctrl + Shift + R and Ctrl + F5

This is unexpected as all Firebase Hosting applications should behave identically on web.app and firebaseapp.com. I'd recommend reaching out to Firebase Support for help.

I faced the same problem when using Chrome. I tried Edge and both URLs worked fine. It's probably some setting in Chrome. I tried disabling cache but that didn't help. Test with another browser.

Related