I want to remove 'inherit' using .bbappend.
For example,
In component.bb :
inherit something
In component.bbappend:
"remove_inherit" something
How I can remove inherit configuration using bbappend?
Is it possible?
I want to remove 'inherit' using .bbappend.
For example,
In component.bb :
inherit something
In component.bbappend:
"remove_inherit" something
How I can remove inherit configuration using bbappend?
Is it possible?
As far as i know, this is not possible. All you can do in .bbappend is to override variables, defined in the original .bb recipe. So graceful solution would be exactly this - look carefully through original .bb recipe, understand how it works and tinker it in your .bbappend by overriding variables and functions, that originally were defined in .bb-file and .bbclass-files it was inherited from.
Optionally there is a bruteforce solution - just copy-paste original .bb-recipe (and all it's accompanying resources) into your layer and do with this whatever you want))