I am plotting a series of 3 pie charts using make_subplots and go.Pie. I want to eventually put these in a dash app where the user can filter the data and the figure will update. How can I map specific colors to variables so that Male is always blue, Female is always pink, etc. You can do this with plotly express with color_discrete_map but plotly express doesn't support subplots afaik.
Here is an example df that I make the gender pie chart from. The other dfs have the same format just different values.
Gender ACC_ID percent
0 Female 57647 57.0
1 Male 37715 37.0
2 Other 5875 6.0
And here is the code I use to make the figures
fig = make_subplots(rows=1, cols=3, specs=[[{'type':'domain'}, {'type':'domain'},{'type':'domain'}]])
fig.add_trace(go.Pie(labels=age["Age_Group"], values=age["percent"],customdata=age["ACC_ID"], textinfo='label+percent',insidetextorientation='horizontal', textfont=dict(color='#000000'), marker_colors=px.colors.qualitative.Plotly),
1, 1)
fig.add_trace(go.Pie(labels=gender["Gender"], values=gender["percent"], customdata=gender["ACC_ID"],textinfo='label+percent',insidetextorientation='horizontal',textfont=dict(color='#000000'),marker_colors=px.colors.qualitative.Plotly),
1, 2)
fig.add_trace(go.Pie(labels=sample["Sample_Type"], values=sample["percent"], customdata=sample["ACC_ID"],textinfo='label+percent',texttemplate='%{label}<br>%{percent:.1%f}',insidetextorientation='horizontal',textfont=dict(color='#000000'),marker_colors=px.colors.qualitative.Prism),
1, 3)
fig.update_traces(hole=.4, hoverinfo='label+percent', hovertemplate="<b>%{label}</b><br>Percent: %{percent}<br>Total: %{customdata}<extra></extra>")
fig.update_layout(
showlegend=False,
uniformtext_minsize=14,
uniformtext_mode='hide',
annotations=[dict(text='Age', x=0.13, y=0.5, font_size=20, showarrow=False, font=dict(color="black")),
dict(text='Gender', x=0.5, y=0.5, font_size=20, showarrow=False,font=dict(color="black")),
dict(text='Sample', x=0.879, y=0.5, font_size=20, showarrow=False,font=dict(color="black"))])
plot(fig)