phpmyadmin - mbstring extension is missing in php 7.4

Viewed 9097

php version :7.4.8 OS: ubuntu

when I try to localhost/phpmyadmin am getting this error

The mbstring extension is missing. Please check your PHP configuration.

and I already install mbstring

sudo apt-get install php-mbstring
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
php-mbstring is already the newest version (2:7.4+76+ubuntu18.04.1+deb.sury.org+9).
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

sudo apt-get install php7.4-mbstring
Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree       
    Reading state information... Done
    php-mbstring is already the newest version (2:7.4+76+ubuntu18.04.1+deb.sury.org+9).
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

I try this method as well

  1. I find php.ini
  2. I search extension=php_mbstring.dll

but ;extension=php_mbstring.dll is missing in php.ini file

how can I solve this problem?

2 Answers

have you tried giving the version?

sudo apt-get install php7.4-mbstring

I'd suggest you to install the composer dependency symfony/polyfill It covers the use of mbstring functions.

if you haven't already installed, head over to http://getcomposer.org then

composer require symfony/polyfill

Composer is best-practice and widely used from many open source projects around the world so don't worry.

Related