Karate report configuration issue

Viewed 450

In my Karate project, I have the following global config:

 karate.configure('report', {showLog:true, showAllSteps:false});

Because I want cleaner reports, and don't want to show all steps that starts with *.

So, with above config, * print, Given, When etc steps still get reported as I expect, however, these steps will not be included in report if in a feature that is called. Is this a bug, or maybe something I am missing? If expected behavior how can I have *print steps show in reports, even if within a called feature?

I'm using the parallel runner with Junit5 as per example in documentation.

Here's an example:

Scenario: test API call

    * call read('classpath:apitest/commonAPIcall.feature')

    * print "contents of this print step will be included in report as expected"

And here's the scenario I'm calling:

@ignore
Feature: common API call

Scenario:

    # GET details should be included in report but its not
    Given url 'https://www.apiurl.com/someCommonCall/'
    When method get
    Then status 200

    * print "contents of this print step is NOT included in report as I would like"
1 Answers
Related