Customer specific Environment variables in .Net Core Web Api

Viewed 85

I am writing a software "package" that can be used (more or less) as a stand-alone component by different companies. However there are some data (strings) in the application which I would like to be differentiated both between environments but also between customers.

So I will end up deploying these kind of configurations:

Customer 1 - Development, Customer 1 - Production

Customer 2 - Development, Customer 2 - Test, Customer 2 - Production

Customer 3 - Development, Customer 3 - UAT, Customer 3 - Pre-Prod, Customer 3 - Production

and so on...

In an old wcf project I would probably just make a different web.config for each configuration, but I am not sure how to achieve this here or if there is a more "correct" way of doing it. Is Environment Variables the way to go here or maybe appsettings or something completely different such as multiple different support projects... I would of course like to avoid maitaining multiple code bases as the code in the project is 100% identical for each customer.

Thanks!

Peter

0 Answers
Related