Qliksense; dynamic dimensions for table

Viewed 1076

I'm trying to create a "dynamic" dimensions for a table in Qliksense. In Qlikview, I was able to do this by creating buttons that assign a value(field) to a variable, and then simply use the variable as the dimension in the table. This does not seem to work in Qliksense. As an example: I am trying to create a table that shows the total sales volume, number of transactions, average order value and conversion. I want to be able to toggle between the dimensions merchant country, consumer country and merchant. How can I make this happen?

1 Answers

It should be the same approach as QlikView.

(Using QS June 2020 version)

  • created a variable called vDimension
  • created 2 buttons
    • button 1's action is to Set variable value (vDimension) to [My Field]
    • button 2's action is to Set variable value to [My other Field]
  • created a table and for the dimension added =$(vDimension) (and whatever measures)

With this setup whenever one of the buttons is pressed the table's dimension is changed as well

Related