I have a table which includes the last IP of the user. Using the following query I am able to find all duplicate IP addresses
SELECT id, ip, COUNT(ip) AS ip_count FROM users GROUP BY ip HAVING ip_count > 1
I am trying to select IPs that are different by the last part only. Here are some examples:
+--------------+---------------+---------+
| IP 1 | IP 2 | Similar |
+--------------+---------------+---------+
| 230.15.26.79 | 230.15.26.230 | true |
| 32.82.0.5 | 32.82.0.180 | true |
| 230.15.26.79 | 193.230.15.26 | false |
| 230.15.26.79 | 230.15.39.115 | false |
+--------------+---------------+---------+
I could manually find if there are similar IPs to one in particular using the following command:
SELECT id, ip FROM users where ip LIKE "230.15.26.%"
However, this would mean that I have to loop the entire database, which is quite sizably voluminous.
Is there another way that I can use to do the described above with one to two queries only?