Azure is well-suited to publicly releasing developer-oriented artifacts like NuGet packages. And it's great at deploying Web-Apps and things intended for VMs. Plenty of release templates for those. But I can't find much discussion on deploying a simple standard Windows desktop application installer. Does such a facility exist?
Because our pipelines produce two main artifacts we give to customers:
- a NuGet packaged SDK for developers
- an installer for a standard old Windows Desktop application for end users
Getting #1 out there is easy. But what do I do about #2?
I'm not sure what I was expecting. Maybe something like an Azure-provided publicly-facing page with a list of installer builds I had released. Something my pipeline could feed into directly. Maybe even some provision to require people to enter contact information to download the installer, or a customer-specific URL that would record for us who had downloaded it.
Does this sort of Azure facility exist? Or is this a case where we should just expose a downloads page directly from our own company website?