I am trying to make a small Hangman program with unlimited trials. I think I finished building the program, but one problem is when the text includes symbols (like a period (.) for example). I tried multiple ways to only get letters out from a given file, but that didn't work.. Can anyone please help me out??
My code
fr = input("What file would you like to open: ")
f = open(fr, 'r')
text = f.read()
x = 0
textsplit = text.split()
guess_list = ''
import random
rand_letter = random.choice(textsplit)
for i in range(len(rand_letter)):
print ('*', end = '')
print ()
while x == 0:
guess = input("Guess a character: ")
guess_list += guess
if guess not in rand_letter:
print("You're wrong bro")
else:
for char in rand_letter:
if char in guess_list:
print (char, end = ''),
if char not in guess_list:
print('*', end = ''),
if guess_list == rand_letter:
break
What I want to solve (example):
The . in the "father." was actually pretty tough to guess, so I want to remove the symbols and only leave the alphabets.
Any help/advice/comment would be appreciated!! :)