I am using install4j to package my java application. I distribute installers for all platforms along portable archives. So far, I have been using a self-developed update mechanism which has some limitations mostly related to permission rights. I am considering delegating the update process to Install4j but I am not sure it can deal with my needs (at least I haven't found how to achieve what I need). My app has the following feature: - user can select a delivery channel (stable / beta /nightly) - the app has the logic to check if an update is available based on the channel and to point to the right new artefacts - my app fails the update process in some cases because of writing rights
Can Install4J manage such a use case? I would need to call install4j updater with all the update parameters as I don't think I can't achieve what I want with a single update.xml file. I could not find how to do it reading the documentation but considering multi-delivery channels is quite common I thought I might have missed it.
Thank you in advance for your help and pointing me in the right direction.